Get Adobe Flash player

The Chapel

Designed by Carl Gotthard Langhans who is also known for The Brandenburg Gate in Berlin. The protestant temple (church) is built in 1796-1797. It has 3 floors and a little tower.

After the war all German inhabitants left the village and Polish people from the East were resettled in the area. The former German inhabitants were mainly Protestant, the new Polish inhabitants mostly Catholic. Most of them believed the Catholic Church does not shift, so it remained empty and unused.

The chapel is now in a really bad state.

 
Aantal #